Mission San Francisco Solano
114 East Spain Street, Sonoma, CA 95476. Located in a State Historic Park.
Twenty-first, and last, Alta California mission. Founded July 4, 1823 by Fr. José Altimíra. Named for St. Francis Solanus, missionary to the Indians of Peru. First church begun 1823, dedicated 1824. Replaced 1827 by larger church east of the padres’ quarters; razed 1838. Present chapel built 1840 as parish church for Sonoma. Secularized 1834; sold 1881; restored 1911-13. Purchased by William Randolph Hearst in 1926 and deeded to the State of California.
California Historic Landmark #3
Directions to the Mission
Hours of Operation
10a - 5p daily, closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Please call 707-938-1519 to confirm.